1. Expected Use
The FIV Ab + FeLV Ag Combined Rapid Test is a combined cassette for differentially diagnosing the presence of feline immunodeficiency antibodies and feline leukaemia virus antigen in cat blood.
Test time: 10 – 15 min
Sample: serum, plasma or blood
2. Principle Of the Test
The FIV Ab + FeLV Ag combined rapid test is based on a sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has two test windows. Each testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and a C (control) zone. When the sample is applied to the sample port of the device, the liquid flow laterally over the surface of the test strip. If there is enough FIV antibody or FeLV antigen in the sample, a visible T band will appear on the corresponding test window. The C band should always appear after the sample is applied, indicating a valid result. In this way, the device can accurately indicate the presence of FIV antibodies or FeLV antigens in the sample.
3. Component Of The Team
- An aluminium bag containing a test cassette, pipette and desiccant
- 0.5 ml assay buffer tube
- centrifuge tube
- Instructions for use
4. Test Procedure
- Take a blood, serum or plasma sample from the cat.
- Take out the cassette from the aluminium bag and place it horizontally.
- Unscrew the cap of the provided assay buffer tube and use the pipette to extract the solution.
- Add 1 drop of blood into each round sample hole in the test cassette and immediately add 2 – 3 drops of assay buffer from the pipette.
- Interpret the result in 10 – 15 minutes. The result after 15 minutes can be considered invalid.
5. Interpretation Of Results
- Positive: The presence of both the C band and the T band, no matter how weak the T band appears.
- Negative: Only the clear C band appears.
- Invalid: No colour band appears in the C zone, it does not matter if the T band appear
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C). The test kit is stable until the expiration date is marked on the aluminium bag. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
- For best results, strictly follow these instructions.
- All reagents must be at room temperature before performing the assay.
- Do not remove the test cassette from its bag until immediately before use.
- Do not reuse the test kit.
- Do not use the test beyond the expiration date marked on the slide bag.
- The components of this kit have been subjected to quality control tests as standard lot units. Do not mix components from different batches numbers.
FIV Ab + FeLV Ag Combination Rapid Test is for in vitro veterinary diagnostic Use only. All results must be considered with other clinical information available from the vet. For an accurate result, it is suggested to apply another method such as ELISA for the final determination in practice.